Join Our Team
Vic Juba Community Theatre is seeking a full time Audio Technician to join our team. This is a full time salaried position commencing September 2019. All interested parties should submit a resume as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Technical Director and the General Manager, oversee all areas of audio system operation within the theatre and lobby areas.
Operate sound system for events as required.
Execute technical requirements for rental events.
Assist with load in, set up and strike of events.
Maintain inventory of audio equipment, including any necessary upgrades or repairs needed.
Minimum 5 yrs. experience in live sound mixing of various styles and genres.
Familiarity with digital and analog audio systems.
Ability to perform basic repairs of audio systems.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Able to supervise stagehands during events.
Salary of $45 - 48K per year.
BOX OFFICE CASHIER
Under the supervision of the General Manager and the direction of the Box Office & FOH Administrator, the Box Office Cashier’s duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. To provide general customer service including the sale of tickets through the box office.
2. To reconcile cash balances and till summary reports and to produce event reports as requested by the General Manager.
3. To ensure a knowledge of ticket pricing, event information, and the allocation of complimentary tickets.
4. To maintain a working knowledge of the Theatre Manager program.
5. To answer phones and monitor emails.
6. To undertake reasonable clerical tasks as directed by the General Manager or by the Box Office & FOH Administrator.
On the job training will be provided. Opportunity for some casual day relief.
Rate of pay: $15-$16 per hour
FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Front of House Supervisor duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. To confirm all details of the performance from the Event Report as they affect FOH Supervisor and ushers, including:
a. Start time, anticipated Intermission time, anticipated end time
b. Photography restrictions
c. Wheelchair seating
2. To manage merchandise sales and VJCT commissions.
3. To direct volunteer ushers in their duties and responsibilities, including:
a. Ensuring name tags are worn
b. Assigning ushers to their respective entrances, coat check or merchandise table
c. Reviewing the Evacuation Plan and usher responsibilities
d. Recording start and finish times for volunteers
e. Providing programs or handbills for distribution.
4. To set up and tear down lobby area tables, linens and lights as required.
5. To unlock and lock entrance doors as required.
6. To fill out all pertinent details on the Event report.
7. To circulate throughout the audience chamber, box office and entrances continuously during the pre-show, intermission and post-show.
8. To ensure ticket boxes are in place and that redeemed tickets are counted and placed in an envelope for Box Office & Front of House Administrator.
9. To reserve seating areas as required.
10. To maintain contact with technical staff throughout events, including providing a “5 minutes to doors” check-in and updates on line-ups at entrances or the concession that might affect start times.
11. To ensure that theatre safety procedures adhere to industry safety standards and to ensure that all personnel whom rent/use the theatre adhere to these procedures.
12. To ensure theatre policies are followed.
13. To report all accidents, injuries, and safety concerns immediately to the General Manager.
14. To undertake any reasonable tasks as directed by the General Manager.
On the job training will be provided. This is a casual position and is event based. Evening and weekend shifts available. Opportunity for some casual day shifts.
Rate of pay: $15-$16 per hour